Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone to the other side of the Dam?

I'm a bit of a map nerd at work sometimes, and have always wondered about hunting and fishing in that area. I love kayaking while doing both of those things, and the islands in the area would be pretty cool to wander around, plus shelter from any wind.

I've tried to get some land ownership info on the area, and I have to say I'm not very good at getting the information I want! Seems like anyone I talk to doesn't want to give the goods over the phone.

Grouse season is getting really close, and I wouldn't mind scouting for deer while I'm out there if it is appropriate... bringing a rod along would hurt either!

:marshmallow:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What other side do you mean high and low side? or just to cross the dam The road across the dam at mc arthurs dosnt go far ,if you head to great falls you can cross the dam and go for ever.However to cross the walkway is narrow you need a bike,walkor small quad most quads are too wide

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The area that should show up right in the middle of this google maps link. The high side, on the east of the dam. In my head (again as long as this is legal/appropriate) I would kayak there and hunt grouse for starters, and then judge the area for deer. Probably bring the rod and reel each time, and try my luck on the water for a double header of outdoor fun.

http://goo.gl/maps/J0ipg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been there before road is not very long you will some sign of deer i am sure but i wouldnt wast my time road does see a fair bit of traffic quads,hydro guys its a dike road to swamp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts