Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on how to release the trigger lock on my fire arm without using a key ? I have misplaced my trigger lock key - cannot find the duplicate either. Its on my .22 so its not that urgent, but I would like to remove and replace said lock soon.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated...........any S.A. comments can be left on your side of the keyboard......

Thanks.............. :oops:

·
Registered
59 Posts
What kind of trigger lock is it? If it is one of the cheaper ones you may be able to drill it out. Start will a small bit and go bigger and bigger it may unlock!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you are not in a hurry and it is a master lock trigger lock you can contact master lock and give the code on the lock and they can send you a key for it. Or maybe you can try a locksmith.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's weird but a few of my trigger locks can be opened with the "wrong" key. Try fiddling with another key. They aren't super locks; just meant to slow down someone in a hurry to shoot someone else.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The catch on the lock can be pried back with a small screw driver or pick if it's not on too tight, maybe use another trigger lock as a reference. It doesn't wreck the lock. Was shooting with a guy once and he had to do it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dmeats44 said:
What kind of trigger lock is it? If it is one of the cheaper ones you may be able to drill it out. Start will a small bit and go bigger and bigger it may unlock!!
Its one of the cheaper types....thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chixfishing said:
It's weird but a few of my trigger locks can be opened with the "wrong" key. Try fiddling with another key. They aren't super locks; just meant to slow down someone in a hurry to shoot someone else.

I may give that method a try.....thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lovetofish said:
If you are not in a hurry and it is a master lock trigger lock you can contact master lock and give the code on the lock and they can send you a key for it. Or maybe you can try a locksmith.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sled-in said:
The catch on the lock can be pried back with a small screw driver or pick if it's not on too tight, maybe use another trigger lock as a reference. It doesn't wreck the lock. Was shooting with a guy once and he had to do it.

Thanks. This might be the best alternative....or at least my starting point. I have dental picks that are quite strong and very well designed for tight spots.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all who responded with some good suggestions. I appreciate your assistance.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Never had to try it, but I've been told that if you grab each half of the trigger lock with vice grips that you can actuall just twist them and they'll come apart. :?:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bigwhiskey said:
Never had to try it, but I've been told that if you grab each half of the trigger lock with vice grips that you can actuall just twist them and they'll come apart. :?:
Thanks.........another tip I may have to use in the future !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts