Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from Cape Breton, N.S.
Well it looks like im gonna be moving west in the next month er so. I took a electrical course at NSCC last winter and there just isnt any work here in NS. Ive seen lots of job adds, but it dosen't seem anybody wants a 1st year apprentice. So if anybody know of any companys looking for a hard working 1st year apprentice please let me know. But here my main question if I was to just up and move to Manitoba, what part would be the best to find work in and offer the best hunting options. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
403 Posts
First off welcome to the site.
For the southern part of the province I would say Winnipeg or Brandon.There is plenty of crown land within an hour or 2,up north Thompson or The Pas.
As far as jobs.
-http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res-eng.aspx?ProvId=07&kwd=electrician&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No&nsrc=1
-http://manitoba.kijiji.ca/f-electrician-jobs-construction-trades-W0QQCatIdZ50QQKeywordZelectricianQQisProvinceSearchZtrueQQisSearchFormZtrue

·
Registered
486 Posts
Electrical work I don't know about but check the ads, lots of construction around here.
I also moved to Manitoba from Nova Scotia for a job and hunting opportunies. I was quite happy with both. It was between Manitoba and Alberta and I think the fishing is better here for the times in between hunting, even without the mountains.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey, your very welcome in Manitoba, we are a very steady province economically. Cities for work would be Winnipeg, Brandon and Steinbach. Everywhere in Manitoba is good for hunting something, Steinbach is the last center before the sandilands provincial forest which is loaded with deer and bear, waterfowl has also picked up in the area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.