Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Good luck.

[offtopic:ufvz23uu]Wow I googled "Manitoba trail cam" and MFF made the first page.[/offtopic:ufvz23uu]

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
clawj said:
Elk hunting is truly awesome, the sights/sounds/challenge,etc are so addicting. Good luck!
I agree. They're one of the most awesome animals I've had the pleasure of hunting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I love elk hunting, haven't been lucky enough to kill one yet, but have come close. One of my best hunting experiences ever! Can't wait to try for elk again. Good luck in the draw! :D

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Fish_Killer said:
I love elk hunting, haven't been lucky enough to kill one yet, but have come close. One of my best hunting experiences ever! Can't wait to try for elk again. Good luck in the draw! :D
My elk hunting days are pretty much over. I've got torn cartledge (sp.) in both knees, and 25 years ago I had a chain saw cut into one of them pretty badly. Now I'm pretty much restricted to flat land hunts. :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well, our elk hunts here aren't too strenuous for the most part, lots around farmland and whatnot. If ya head alitttle northwest of Winnipeg, to the Duck Mountains, one can get into some really hilly areas....Manitoba mountains. :D But i will never ever forget bow hunting for elk with my dad and having a bull bugling and racking trees at 5 yards, with no shot! AMAZING!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I've not taken a bull yet, but I've been fortunate to take several cows over the years.....great eating! :drool:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
That's a shame. Do you have any options for hunting in any other province?

·
Registered
2 Posts
a buddy and i got drawn for area 21 25 sept season. been scouting sleeve lake with poor results. this area held lots of elk not long ago.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
elkoholic said:
a buddy and i got drawn for area 21 25 sept season. been scouting sleeve lake with poor results. this area held lots of elk not long ago.
Is there increased wolf sign?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts