Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the general concensus on notifying the lease holder (shown on my land ownership map) that I'll be hunting on parcel #x on such and such dates?

I know the regs suggest that I give the lease holder a heads up. I've been hunting adajcent to a parcel marked as Crown lease and I know it's not in use at all (it's mostly big bush). I'll be muzzleloader hunting and setting for a 50-100 shot well out of the main access points.

Legally, I guess I can use the land (respectfully, no mess or gates open etc) and I'd really just prefer to dip in and out of there without unnecessarily alarming people that I'll be in there hunting. Seems reasonable?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Out of respect, try to contact the lease holder. Other than that, close the gates and watch for livestock. Sounds like you have the right idea.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have leased crown land 480 acres of hay and bush i dont go chasing people hunting on this land but there is fellows look me up and ask permission because they they want it to be right with everybody involved and its mostly hunters that Deer hunt on my land , i guess it is respect too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts