Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear this term bantered around a fair amount (especially this year), where people who own and live on their land, seem to think that they can harvest a deer to feed their family (or other game animals) as they want. ie.

in or out of season.
with or without a tag.
In addition to a tagged deer.

Has anyone else heard this? Is there any merit to it?

Andre?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The natives can do it. So what is your problem? On one side a party goes to jail. The other it's there right. What a %^&$$%^$%^ joke.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are not natives, or metis... Just regular folks.

I do not want to get into another "wah wah it's no fair wah wah" discussion about Native 'rights'! That is not something that is going to go away, so suck it up and deal with it!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Well they may think they have the right but it is illegal. It might be difficult to catch them. Poaching is poaching.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought... but a couple of old guys out by Lac du Bonnet made a pretty convincing arguement as to how they can sow and reap the land as they wished, and if harvesting a deer is necessary to feed their family too, then it was no different

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sniper-T said:
That's what I thought... but a couple of old guys out by Lac du Bonnet made a pretty convincing arguement as to how they can sow and reap the land as they wished, and if harvesting a deer is necessary to feed their family too, then it was no different
EXACTLY. The treaty rights crowd does it. How does the landowner do it?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tx Andre. (and everyone else)

I'll print this page for the next time I am out in that area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts