Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a boat and canoe and am just wondering about the effectiveness of jump shooting in the wetlands, and where I would be best to try. Or if there is some other method I could try without decoys to try for Waterfowl, I'd like to know.

Thanks all, I've appreciated all the help you've given this greenhorn and the time and wisdom put into your answers.
-Dusty

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sneak over the bank of a dugout and let them have it... Or you could buy a dozen cheap mallard floaters and set up. You can get a dozen for 50 bucks or so which will work just fine...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jump shooting works best with 2 people. The guy in the front doesn't paddle. We used to do a lot of it in the late 80's early 90's. If the guy in the back knows what he is doing, you can get really close to them and I have seen lots of doubles.
Our rules were, the guy in the front shoots and then he goes to the back and paddles ... bird or no bird. The guy in the back does not shoot for safety reasons. It works best on a windy day as the birds get off of the big water and get into the shallow stuff with no waves.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Worked great last weekend with me and my buddy, can't agree more with having a competant person in the back and a good shot in the front, wasn't much of a wind last sunday so this livend up our day drastically, plus it's a good way to explore :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts