Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two bad knees...torn cartiledge in both...outside meniscus removed years ago...a nasty chain saw cut to the bottom of one. The pain got so bad, that I was unable to get down on the ground or back up again without holding on to something, or someone giving me a hand. Getting in and out of a boat was sheer torture...until a couple of months ago.

My wife is a nurse in an emergency clinic, and she was discussing my situation with one of the doctors who suggested I try an old folk remedy for joint pain...gin soaked raisins. I tried them, and after 5 or 6 weeks I was virtually pain free for the first time in years. Here's the recipe:

Take a box of golden raisins, (they must be the golden ones), and put them in a shallow container.
Cover the raisins with just enough gin to cover them and leave them uncovered.
After a week or so the gin will have been absorbed by the raisins, and the rest will have evaporated.
Eat 9 or 10 of the raisins every day.

The gin and raisins produce a high level of anti-oxidants and anti-inflamitants to help reduce joint pain.

I hope it helps you, as much as it did me. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well Mike, this wasn't in the joke thread, so I'll try it. The gin would work without the raisins, but not for long. :lol:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a joke at all. It really helped me a lot. I told my sister about it, and she experienced relief after about 4 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts