Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy being broke as we are hunt without decoys, managed to get some this morning on the land we hunt west of stonewall, this may sound wierd but we shot three snow geese (Yes they were snow geese, not swans!) and as we were driving by oak hammock we saw half a dozen snow geese peppered into a 200+ flock of canadas, I've only started doing waterfowl last year somewhat seriously is this normal? seems early. . . .

·
Registered
125 Posts
snows are always all over the board. especially around oak hammock. One mentored hunt when i was in that age so like 13 years ago all we got was snows. and thats the weekend before it opens lol. cant wait till next weekend. im unreal excited

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well I got 3 honkers and 3 mallards on saturday, I have seen a few snows in around the city, which is making me wonder if I should be taken out the snow decoys out to farm during the thanksgiving weekend, my next day is wednesday, no school and no work which means, heading out with my uncle and his golden for my 2nd hunt of the season, I can't wait!

·
Registered
58 Posts
been seeing the odd snow hanging with the canadas around the yard and in our winter wheat fields in lac du bonnet. Anybody looking for some land to hunt geese on in the area shoot me a pm and I can point you to some fields, all our seeded WW is getting hammered again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.