Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input here and hopefully a CO or two are monitoring this. I have a co-worker whom I found out this morning from his own mouth that he shot a buck last night in bow season with a rifle. He didn't put it down and is going back tonight to retrieve it. When I asked him why he used a rifle, he said it was because his bow was broken and it was hunting season. I am so pissed off right now. I told him that what he did was wrong and not cool. Then I told him I couldn't talk to him about this. I turned around and walked away. Problem is that this isn't the first time that I have heard of his illegal activities. Last time it was shooting multiple animals and not tagging them.
My predicament is this: I hate what he is doing and I want him to get caught, but I have to work with this guy. If he gets nailed, as he rightly should, he will know it was me who blew the whistle.

Any good thoughts? :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Easy for me to answer that question obviously. I don't care who it is, friend, neighbour, relative...doesn't matter. Poacher is a poacher. Sounds like he has a history and will continue to poach because nobody stepped up to stop him.

He doesn't care about you so why should you care about him!

Send me a private message! ASAP!

·
Registered
295 Posts
you're doing the right thing 160class :!:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I hate to say it but if I had to work with the guy I wouldn't report this incident , but i would tell the guy not to let you know in the future of any hunts he has that aren't legal. Yes it's bad and illegal, but having conflict and being an outcast at work for the next 20 years sucks even more. Just being honest

·
Registered
653 Posts
clawj said:
I hate to say it but if I had to work with the guy I wouldn't report this incident , but i would tell the guy not to let you know in the future of any hunts he has that aren't legal. Yes it's bad and illegal, but having conflict and being an outcast at work for the next 20 years sucks even more. Just being honest
Doing what's right isn't popular, period.
And turning in poachers is the right thing

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
160Class...I bet you ten dollars to a donut, that if he told you about his poaching, he's told others about it too. So, I wouldn't be overly concerned about being singled out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would get ahold of the co's let them do there thing and catch him . You are doin the right thing not him he gets what he deserves . I wouldn't think twice nailin him for the stupid things he does

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Riggs said:
160Class...I bet you ten dollars to a donut, that if he told you about his poaching, he's told others about it too. So, I wouldn't be overly concerned about being singled out.
Very, very true!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You are doing the right thing 160Class! And you're right, "Poachers Suck" "Big Time!"

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
160Class...you've got class, and if I ever run into you when I'm up that way, I owe you a drink.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Make the call.........this guy has to make better choices and change his lifestyle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Riggs said:
160Class...you've got class, and if I ever run into you when I'm up that way, I owe you a drink.
Thanks Riggs. Just love hunting and the outdoors in general. It's all about respect isn't it? That's one of the biggest differences between a hunter and a poacher if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
IMHO, the word poacher should be eliminated from our language...call them what they are...FISH AND GAME THEIVES! :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I think being convicted of wildlife or fisheries offenses and being known as a POACHER is a mighty powerful label! The key is making it known that a person has been convicted so that when he or she sees neighbours, friends, relatives and even co-workers, they see the word POACHER staring right back at them! And yes, they are fish and/or wildlife thieves!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
André said:
I think being convicted of wildlife or fisheries offenses and being known as a POACHER is a mighty powerful label! The key is making it known that a person has been convicted so that when he or she sees neighbours, friends, relatives and even co-workers, they see the word POACHER staring right back at them! And yes, they are fish and/or wildlife thieves!
I understand what you're saying. I guess it's a difference of cultures between where I'm at, and where you are. Down here, most people don't even know what a poacher is...most of them probably think it's someone who prepares eggs a certain way. Where I believe up your way, it carries with it a certain, well deserved, negative stigma. Shame we can't brand them on the forehead with a great big letter p.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts