Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep the Q short. (looking more as a safety issue) as the popularity increases in these tents to shoot from, does anyone ever consider the risk of being shot during deer season.....? Sure you have your legal hunter pumpkin suit on but your hidden inside a tent and rattling and have a decoy 30 yards away. Private land your (KINDA safe) crown land your just asking to be shot. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been laws here regarding this. I'd never do it..... i cant sit for more than 20 minutes anyways ..... What do you all think about this American money making invention.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
X2. There should be some orange on them even if it's camo orange. Doesn't matter to the deer. Came across one in the whiteshell a couple years ago right on the side of a pretty open trail. You really couldn't see it until you were close. Anyone shooting at something down the trail could easily have shot the fellow. Later in the day he was sitting just outside the blind fast asleep. I was scared to walk by in case he woke up from the noise and let fly. How scary is that?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've thought the same thing, the orange vest doesn't do much good if you're in a blind. If I were to use one during firearm seasons I'd put a big orange X on the outside with a fluorescent tape

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I always take an old orange vest and hang it on a tree above the blind... I'm still here so it must work!!! I also don't hunt in areas with high hunter density and if I do I'm waaay back in the bush....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just saying, i myself would never use one but for the way tv shows are promoting hunting as a 'buy this, use that' thing i have seen a few in the bush and just wondered where peoples common sense kicks in. I'm sure us Manitobians know better. IE: nothing like making a ground blind ...... costs nothing!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i pretty well always use ground blinds for the ease of setting and breaking down, and not being able to afford tons of stands. but thats on private land where I'm the ONLY one with permission. Now only permission doesnt keep others out by any means and have had issues. Mine has little flaps at the top on each side that flips up to reveal reflective orange patches. I don't even wait for rifle to lift the patches...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts