Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

hunter education card

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  snomad 
#1 ·
has anyone filled out the form for this? They sent me one in the mail to fill out.

#5 ·
I think it is a cash grab. Starting this year you need to have a manitoba hunting card on top of your PAL. You would think if you had your PAL that should be enough. What are there reasosn for us to get this new card? Big waste of time

#6 ·
You should have gotten the form after taking the course. If you have taken the course and don't have a card you will have to fill it out and send it in, if you lost your card I think your best bet is to contact the hunters education office to issue you another one, however you may have to still send in that form. As I moved here from another province I had to supply proof that I had my hunters education completed from another province have a manitoba card issued to me. And I believe that was a different form that I filled in for that.

#8 ·
Tango said:
has anyone filled out the form for this? They sent me one in the mail to fill out.
You were sent a form just out of the blue? Sounds funny to me.

People who have not taken a hunter safety or hunter education course in MB or other jurisdiction must obtain possession of such a document if they wish to hunt in MB. This is not new! In fact it has been in the works for several years already.

The hunter safety/education program was in existence before the Federal firearm courses. Plus, the Canadian Firearm Safety course does not speak to hunting, dressing animals, hunter ethics, etc.

As for the money grab comment, this is a 40 years plus program that finally evolved into ensuring that anyone wanting to hunt legally, needs to take at the very least, some form of hunter safety/education course. That is a good thing!

#10 ·
highlandglen guide said:
I agree with Andre it is a good thing. Andre can you answer me this for my uncle...what is the date to be hunting before that you get grandfathered into the program, is it 1978? Also I know you have to sign off declaring you held a license before then...where do u get said form? Thanks
off by a few years, here's the info http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildl ... eredu.html

application http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildl ... ration.pdf

and i know my name isn't andre ;)

#13 ·
I took may hunter safety in 1986. And have had my PAL Card for about 15 years. Maybe I got the letter by mistake. I thought it was something else the government was trying to make money off of. From reading the other posts it sounds like I don't have to fill out the form and I am good to go. I am all for safe and legal hunting. I was just confused getting this letter in the mail it came with a hunting survey. Sounds like I am the only one that got it.

#15 ·
Yeah, the form was coming included with the big game survey mailout. I think they are doing it for public awareness to make sure everyone gets their hunter safety or equivilent number.

No matter how many ways conservation places the information, in print, web, radio,etc, there will always be the ones who claim they new nothing of needing their hunter safety or equivilent.

#16 ·
For those who are grandfathered by the date, there is a fee to get a replacement card from the MWF. Once everyone gets on board we just have to remember to have that card with us when we go to buy our hunting licenses :roll: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.