Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question came up amongst some friends today of whether or not WATERFOWLERS are required to wear blaze orange when hunting after October 29 (Muzzleloader). The only reference that comes close addresses upland game bird hunting. I'm sure Andre will have a good answer for this one.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good question..... but the answer is no, waterfowlers are not required to wear orange during any season, unless of course you are doing a combined hunt, deer and ducks at the same time in a river bottom lets say.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Straight out of the 20120 Hunting Guide "During the general (rifle) deer season, upland game bird hunters must meet the hunter dress requirements, which include a hunter orange garment and hat."

·
Registered
530 Posts
it may not be mandatory but if there are deer hunters in the area i would at least were the hat wouldn't want to be the brown thing that doesn't quite match the reeds with some of our city hunters around. If you stay still the ducks wont see you

·
Registered
653 Posts
Aren't geese sensitive to color? Then wearing orange would hinder your hunt. If your hiking to your spot orange could be a good idea, but once your there you could take it off, probably no difference between sitting in a duck blind blending in then sitting in a camo cube blind.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Chances are there won't be any Deer hunters where you will be waterfowling and even if there is all the shooting will mostlikely turn the deer hunters away haha....

G

·
shane019 said:
Chances are there won't be any Deer hunters where you will be waterfowling and even if there is all the shooting will mostlikely turn the deer hunters away haha....
There are chances for this situation! I've done a lot of deer hunting in the marsh areas ! I've had situations where we park the truck, birds first half of the day then off for some marsh bucks for the afternoon! Just a heads up that there are areas capable of this!

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Waterfowl and big game seasons have overlapped for as long as I can remember so this is nothing new. No requirement for hunter orange to hunt waterfowl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts