Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm Zack. Co-Owner and Creator of http://www.lonestarwild.com which is a forum similar to this one. I work in the oil & gas industry and I am an outdoors enthusiast. A typical day off for me usually starts with a boat ramp and ends with a sun burn; a majority of my vacation time is banked for hunting season. I have enough camo and tackle to start my own eBay store yet I can't walk through Academy without buying something else that "I just gotta have." Growing up along the Gulf Coast allowed me to get a little taste of just about all the outdoors Texas has to offer. Freshwater, bay fishing, off shore, deer, ducks, dove, hogs....we got it all! I have carried a fishing pole around since before I could speak in complete sentences and I still get a rush every time I set the hook. My first kill was at age 9, almost 18 years later my heart still pounds every time I take the safety off. I am not an Outdoor Journalist, I won't ever win Angler of the Year, and I dont claim to be a crack shot, Im just a weekend warrior that likes trout slime on my hands and the smell of the woods.

I am in the planning stages of a trip to Flin Flon next fall and since I know not a thing about hunting Canada I decided it would be a good idea for me to stop in a learn from the passionate. I wanna Thank each of you in advance for any information shared and let you all know how excited I am about my upcoming visit.

I encouage you to intoduce folks to wildlife. Teach a kid to fish, take a friend hunting, pass on the traditions and legacies our parents and grandparents gave to us. Be Safe, Be conservative, and most of all...HAVE FUN!
:hunter:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Thanks for joining us. Don't forget to check out Manitoba Fishing Forum, and also Manitoba Outdoors online magazine. Both are free, and there's lots of good stuff there too. If you click on the Board index tab at the top left of this page, it'll take you to links to those sites. Enjoy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome Lonestar.
I am sure that you will find this site is full of all kinds of information and advice. We have alot of great hunting and fishing in central and northern Manitoba, so I am confident that you're trip will be a good one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will def check out all the other sites. Is anyone here from the Flin Flon area?

Does anyone know if this site is set up with Tapatalk? I searched it this morning but could not find it under
manitobahuntingforum

If you guys are looking to spread the word about your site we have a section in our forum called "Wild on the Road" it is setup for anything out of state and I would love to have you guys check in on us from time to time

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Spent a year stationed at Kelly A.F.B. outside San Antonio back in the late 60s...have many fond memories of my tours of the Lone Star Brewery. Loved their display of trophy whitetail too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had been trying to figure out what that meant too... i didnt know if maybe you were taking a jab at another member or what lol.

im glad to be here, cant wait to bring the show up to you guys

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
:welcome: I suspect you could do well with the trade-a-hunt or trade-a fishing trip on either forum......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can trade fishing trips way yonder easier than i can hunts. What type of fishing are you interested in. Im minutes away from the Gulf and live a mile away from the boat ramp to the bay. My Manitoba trip for next September looks like it just fell through.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
LoneStarWild said:
I can trade fishing trips way yonder easier than i can hunts. What type of fishing are you interested in. Im minutes away from the Gulf and live a mile away from the boat ramp to the bay. My Manitoba trip for next September looks like it just fell through.
Oh No!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My partner with www.lonestarwild.com was working this deal and the guy he was dealing with is acting a little shady. No return calls, No answers to questions. It started out as he was a land owner and outfitter who was making us a heck of a deal...that turned into his buddy was the outfitter. All of our questions are being answered with questions so he pulled the plug on it today.

So I got 20 days off starting Sept 22 of 13. Sure I can find a gut pile somewhere to stand in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's whats gonna happen. This was a once in a lifetime deal that seems to have proven to good to be true. It rang to the tune of anything in season for the cost of license, tags, and travel plus guide tips. My plan was moose, caribou,and a wolf, plus 1/3 of travel expenses. I gotta figure it all out now and break then out into a few different trips. Best figuring i could do i was gonna be all in with generous tips for less than 5 grand. Again, To good to be true, but who am i to call a man on his word until he gives me a reason too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts