Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thinking your thinking brain-worm. Brain-worm is carried and transmitted by deer, does not effect deer natural host.

·
Registered
530 Posts
what a pair of idiots why didn't they kill the poor thing. They also said it was in the rut so guys will be hunting all around. Someone might shoot that deer and eat the meat which would probably be fine but still you never know could be rabies. I would have put him out of his misery, buried the body and sent samples to conservation with a video of the behavior.

·
Registered
557 Posts
k_southman said:
Had a moose like this up in 26. I know brainstorm will do this to moose but can deer get brainstorm?

Walli said:
I thinking your thinking brain-worm. Brain-worm is carried and transmitted by deer, does not effect deer natural host.
Yes brain worm. Funking auto-correct.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Looks like a healthy enough deer. . . maybe they are close to a house or something where the deer has been fed or maybe he took a hit to the base of the skull that took his antler off and left him a little . . . well . . . whatever "that" is.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
AGW said:
So what would chronic waisting look like?
There was an article in our local paper today about CWD. Said some of the symptoms are deer stumbling, walking very slowly, drinking a lot, urinating a lot, allowing humans to get much closer than normal, not showing normal caution.

Here in Pennsylvania, CWD has been found on 5 commercial deer raising farms, and they have been placed in quaranteen. In addition, on a large state prison property about 15 miles from my home, 19 dead deer have been found in the past month...all of the dead deer were determined to have CWD.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I took a Paristology class and apparently every deer in Manitoba probably has brain worm and in the deer it does nothing. The worm in deer crawls up the spine on the outside and in moose goes through the spinal cord. This is why moose that get brain worm die because it will usually paralize them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts