Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some info on handheld GPS units... Looking for something fairly easy to use with good cold weather performance... I have never owned one so throw out what ever you guys know about them to help me make my decision!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Garmin 60csx. There are better but that one should do the trick.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Garmin 60 series is a great unit. I also like the Etrex series for a basic handheld. Depends if you are looking for mapping options or just getting from point A to B to C. One thing is for certain, stick with a Garmin and you will be happy. Also when price comparing, check out GPS Central and GPS City. Both Canadian with good deals.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mapping might be something I'm looking for... Mostly point A-B type of stuff... Ice fishing, hunting etc...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been using the Garmin 450t oregon for last few years. Super easy with the touch screen, and only takes 2 battery's which last for ever in my opinion. Few of my other hunting buddies bought oregons now as well so can wirelessly send way points and routes to them. Came in nice at moose camp to know where friend was set up.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been steered towards the ETREX 30... I got some really helpful info last night and think thats the way I'll be going... I've never owned one so ease of use is a factor for me... Thanks everyone for the replies!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Garmin Map 78 series, if you are using it for both hunting and fishing the one feature that the 60 series or the previous 76 is that it floats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts