Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Amen dude! We had to register them up here in Canada. Not too sure how registering guns helps suppress crime. My car is registered and I break the law all the time in that thing. Pistols have been SEVERELY restricted here for 60+yrs and we still have plenty of those in the hands of criminals.

Too many Canucks are either uninformed or just plain stupid concerning guns. I was talking with a coworker who is SO against guns that when I asked "if he would rather have his wife armed with a pistol or unarmed when a criminal broke into his house (and he wasn't home)" His answer was that he wouldn't want her armed at all cuz it would just make the situation worse.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So what do you do now when someone steals your guns. How do you prove they were yours?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sales receipt with the serial number. Also, I have mine listed on my customs form to show proof of ownership.

·
Registered
460 Posts
But when they find it at the pawn shop or in someone's basement, how do they know to call you?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Down here contact information is supplied on the federal form when the original buyer makes the purchase. that is at least, a starting point.

On pistol purchases or transfers, all transactions must be done by a licensed dealer, and transfer form filled out by the buyer.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I always liked guns even as a boy. It was something that was to be used and respected. Maybe it is a sign of weakness or strength in our character. It gives us strength, but can also take it away. By itself it as safe as anything else unless added to carelessness or anger. They feel good in our hands but make you feel afraid when in the hands of others. They sustain life by feeding use but can take it away. Countries have fallen and have risen because of them. So it is with guns.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Chixfishing said:
So what do you do now when someone steals your guns. How do you prove they were yours?
take a picture of them, with serial number(before they get stolen)....its on you to prove they were yours anyway, so why not make it easy, and if you're not a complete idiot you'll have those pictures in a safe place....good riddance registry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts