Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best material to study to write the provincial guiding license?

I have never caped a deer or a bear but have found some good instructions on how to do it.

I talked to conservation and they said there is no actual book per say just know the hunting guide.

Thanks, Shane

·
Registered
653 Posts
I got mine, I think I just did know what the guide said, and skinning is kinda common sense if you know what kind of mount you want you want to make sure the stitching is in a place that is hidden and leave extra hide on, the taxidermist can trim.

Not really much to it, I mean I have mine ;)

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Go to one of our district offices and ask for the diagrams on how to skin the critters. We'll give the right stuff. Only stands to reason that we'd give out the correct information instead of having you study something that isn't on the test. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
André said:
Go to one of our district offices and ask for the diagrams on how to skin the critters. We'll give the right stuff. Only stands to reason that we'd give out the correct information instead of having you study something that isn't on the test. :)

Thanks! i was wondering about that because I found a few different ways to cape an animal. LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts