Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 3 times this week, I got on wednesday with my uncle and we ended up bring home 5 geese and a duck, one of the big honkers that I droped had a band on it :hunter: :D , Went out yesterday with my dad as well as my uncle we were a pain for the brids, we dropped 15 geese and 4 ducks, last I got today with the two of them again and all tho we didnt have a hot day, we still ended up coming with 4 ducks and 6 geese. The reason why we didnt have a hot day is, well sometimes you have a bad day and miss, a lot, :lol: that was today for us.

·
Registered
125 Posts
a band... I hope you know thats pretty lucky.. lol, I got 13 years of almost serious hunting under my belt with NO bands yet :( My dad has one in 30+ years lol. glad to hear you guys are doin alright. where are you hunting?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were out by stonewall and the bands lol, between me, my dad and uncle we have shot 7 banded birds in 8 years lol, we got 3 last year all in the same field, we just have some luck. My goal is to get one with a cash award lol, those r rare for us, my uncle has 12 bands in 63 years of hunting and no cash award

·
Registered
2 Posts
Group of us went out lastnight, we shot 12 honkers, 3 big suckers! And I shot my second band lastnight! First band I got was 2 seasons ago, I'm pretty pumped about it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
While in Portage today I saw 4 banded birds and 2 doubles walk across the road in front of my truck. Now if I could only find them while hunting...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
43+ years of hunting, and no band yet. Been hunting with friends when they've shot them, but I've not been as lucky.

·
Registered
125 Posts
like say 1% of canada geese get bands from the federal government. its just something rare so we put it on a silver platter lol. Its the first thing I look for when I got a bird down lol. ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
i've been lucky to get 3 bands on Canada geese in my waterfowling years and been on hunts where others have got banded birds. I'm still waiting to get a banded duck though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was with someone last year in delta marsh, he shot a duck that had a double band and one of them was a I believe a $100 reward, if not more lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts