Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

Would you be interested?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one of the local sporting goods stores were to hold a seminar on using your GPS, would you be interested?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would be if it were teamed up with old school Orienteering, with map and compass...a GPS still needs batteries...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have set up 2 GPS courses in the past and both were great turn outs. I can check with my contact to see if another course could be set up

Reactions: Riggs

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tinman said:
I have set up 2 GPS courses in the past and both were great turn outs. I can check with my contact to see if another course could be set up
That would be great...thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ok I contacted the instructor and a training course can be set up. $20 per person for a full day of training. All we need if there's enough interest is a location to hold this, someone's shop, meeting room, lounge whatever it is...minimum of 20 people would be great. Those interested can post here and once enough people commit we can hammer down the details

I've also posted this on the fishing forum

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This time of year may be a problem for the hunters...I may be wrong, but the only full day they'd have available would be on a weekend, and not many would want to give up a hunting day for this...What do you think?

·
Registered
123 Posts
there's never a good time.....after hunting season it's first ice for the ice fishermen and after ice season there's bear hunting and after that open water season and after that.....well you get my point

those who want to take it will, no matter what time of year it is....personally I don't care as there's no gain for me in this, just doing it as a favor.....if there's enough interest I will post a date, those who show up show up, those that don't oh well. I would need atleast 30-40 people sign up as from past experiences, only half show up anyways

·
Registered
9 Posts
Me and my wife would be in. Keep us posted and thanks for getting this going Tinman. My wife and I have been wanting to learn how to use our gps features.

·
Registered
123 Posts
what time of year would everyone prefer??

·
Registered
123 Posts
ok folks I need more names.....gotta be more guys out there needing a good refresher on the use of handheld gps units, this course also covers transferring info to and from the unit to your pc

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ok guys, got the instructor booked for December 1st, location will be confirmed tomorrow

Reactions: Riggs
1 - 20 of 23 Posts