Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Nice action. Just a couple of comments...as a hunter, I understand the neck wringing to finish it off...a non-hunter may not, and might be put off by that.

I'm jealous! Been hunting waterfowl for over 25 years, and have yet to shoot a banded bird.

What's the name of your friend's operation...does he have a website?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manitoba Madness Outfitters is the name of his outfit... He is working on a website right now... I think there is something about brochure requests on the Youtube site...

As far as the ringing the neck goes, The video was put together to attract Hunters to his outfit...All of us hunters know wringing necks comes with the territory and it will happen to everyone who chases birds eventually... But I do see what your getting at and I would have left it out of the video as well.....

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
IMO there's no difference between crank starting a bird or having one fold up, fall out of the sky and landing with a thud! Don't run away from showing hunting scenes!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I really like those blinds they were using. ...never saw one with the pop up like those. Who makes them?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
André said:
IMO there's no difference between crank starting a bird or having one fold up, fall out of the sky and landing with a thud! Don't run away from showing hunting scenes!

So long as its done right its quick way of dispatching birds, as hunters it is our responsibility to ensure a quick clean kill... Plus its cheaper than shooting them again....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Patty said:
André said:
IMO there's no difference between crank starting a bird or having one fold up, fall out of the sky and landing with a thud!

A couple of years ago my wife and I were over at a friends house, showing them pictures of a recent hunt in Africa. The guys wife asked me "why would you shoot a giraffe"? I said, "because I like the sound they make when they hit the ground".

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Totally speechless...probably for the first time in her entire life. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts