Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really wanting to get my moose rack mounted, looking for some input on good place to go. Friends dad was goin to but that all fell thru so. Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
x2 for Darren, he did my first big whitetail 2 years ago and it turned out awesome! and a great price too!
takes a bit but worth the wait!

·
Registered
557 Posts
jason7mm said:
x2 for Darren, he did my first big whitetail 2 years ago and it turned out awesome! and a great price too!
takes a bit but worth the wait!
X3 he did my deer, moose, caribou mounts and they look great and I get. Lot of compliments on them. Hopefully have an elk rack for him this fall with a little luck!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Telesky's on Arlington near Ellice, has been in business for a long time. But the last time I needed work done Ken Hawkins was still in business on Notredame. Ofcourse Hawkins has been gone a long time now. So good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
82armyx said:
I'd like to see our taxidermists post their prices on the site.
What are you looking for a price on,Deer...Life Size....Fish...Birds?
I always recomend shopping around for quality first,then the price.....worth going to see his(or hers) work display first.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I can almost guarantee that anyone who looks for a taxidermist that's lowest in price, will most likely end up very disappointed. I learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Without a doubt, quality is a significant factor. So is competitive pricing. No need for anyone to overpay for a service, value/quality for money is something we all should consider as we're about to spend our days off, vacation days, and earned income on our few weeks doing what we all are nutz about.

I agree, cheapest is not best. Neither is overpaying for good/best work.

Just suggesting that our taxidermists post their prices for all to see what the going rates are. Step up and post the "common" trophies. Heck, you might get inquiries/business for having competitive pricing for the fine work you do?

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
With respect to listing prices, I would imagine that most if not all taxidermists have websites that advertise pricing. BTW...good to see Deeker up and posting. Send me a pm and tell me how you're doing!

·
Registered
236 Posts
André said:
BTW...good to see Deeker up and posting. Send me a pm and tell me how you're doing!
Thanks Andre (PM sent)...feeling better,stronger day by day.

·
Registered
236 Posts
82armyx said:
any of our taxidermists on the site gonna post their websites with prices?
Well I am one of them,but the work I do is just a part time job now,and even though my wife has been pushing me (for yrs)to create a web site,I dont have one. All of my clients over the past 30 yrs has been by word of mouth usually. I did do taxidermy full time for over 25 yrs,working at the larger taxidermy shops,which was great,as I picked up a LOT of new ideas wherever I worked...these shops were:Hawkins,Teleskys,Bob Pauls,Mr Fish,Joe's and helped out Ron at Northland with doing some of his fish one yr.
Presently(for the last few yrs) I've been mounting Birds for Wes (Mr Fish) as he is very busy with all the other critters,Wes btw,does beautiful Deer,Fish and Lifesize.
Started doing Taxidermy(birds) as a hobby at 11yrs old......I'm now 52,so plenty of experience :).

Due to my illness this past yr,I've been away from it most of the year,but happy to say,I'm feeling better n stronger every day,so will be able to get back into doing some work.

I have a display in my tiny shop in my backyard here at home in St.Adolphe (15 mins south of Wpg on St.Marys Rd)
Here is a few of my prices for this fall/2012

Deer (full shoulder) $450.00
Fish (skin mounts) $10 per inch,base extra...minimum fish price $200
Birds (aprox prices) Geese $250-275...Ducks $175...Grouse...$150...Birds of Prey (Owls and Hawks, Must have permits)...$150-$225.
Life size animals,pm for a price as there are MANY.
Hope this helps.
Most are complete b/w 4-6 months.
Ron

·
Registered
224 Posts
No web sit for myself I am a part timer(licensed) my price list for 2012/13
Deer shoulder $375.00
Deer antler $80.00
European Deer $125.00
Ducks $150.00 Geese $225.00
These are basic prices with house panels custom panels may very the price.
You can see some of my work on my facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/ktaxidermy[/url]
average turn around 4-6 months on game heads
Thanks Paul

·
Registered
236 Posts
oaktree said:
No web sit for myself I am a part timer(licensed) my price list for 2012/13
Deer shoulder $375.00
Deer antler $80.00
European Deer $125.00
Ducks $150.00 Geese $225.00
These are basic prices with house panels custom panels may very the price.
You can see some of my work on my facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/ktaxidermy[/url]
average turn around 4-6 months on game heads
Thanks Paul
Some nice looking deer mounts there Paul,man those are some low prices though....was told I didnt charge enough by other taxidermist I know...sheesh $375 for a deer,you must get swamped with work! Do you do skin-mount fish too?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts