Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was informed yesterday that my hunting spot for the last six year for Deer has, for the most part - been burnt to the ground. Luckily the cabin in Badger hasn't burnt down yet. Not sure how the fire started around there but it's burning a descent chunk of land, Badger was evacuated, all the roads are blocked off too.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Patty said:
its still early, burns can be great places to hunt!!!
I agree. I used to guide deer hunters in the western mountains of Maine, and my favorite places to hunt were burned over, and timbered areas. Took some nice bucks out of both.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Wildfires don't burn everything. There are plenty of unburned or partially burnt areas within the perimeter of fires. Your biggest problem may be getting through dead fall from burnt trees or even those whose roots burn out. A couple of years from now there will probably be more wildlife in that area than there has been in the last 30 years.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just sucks when you learn every nook of a chunk of bush, when you can walk around saying "I shot this buck here" etc. plus I had a few spots picked out for tree stands. Maybe I should have titled this a bit different it isn't the end of the world for me but the bush was fine the way it was for me if you get my meaning.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sometimes mother nature shows her nasty side. It's tough when you get to know a piece of property so well, and now the scene has totally changed.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, Just glad the cabin didn't burn down, alot of memories and dollars there, not to mention did a buncha renovations last yr lol

·
Registered
530 Posts
if there is no game around in fall still shoot me a pm i have access to lots of land and will see what i can do anything to save you from hunting Afghanistan urrr i mean sandy lands

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow Brett huge offer and thanks alot. There is alot of land around there where you can get away from the crowd, Ive never had a problem getting deer will just take a bit of time and force me to broaden my horizens and stop going to the same 5 mile stretch every morning :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
been hunting the same spot near Badger for the last 26 years and setting up camp there for the last 10, pretty sure my area has burned down also, what a shame.....I knew every nook and cranny there also

·
Registered
123 Posts
offshoreonly said:
Some nice bucks there isn't there tinman?

ssshhhhhhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And I'll take you bowfishing for carp Art! just gotta name a day im off. you need to christen that new rig of your :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts