Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is whitetail hunting good in GHA 25 ? Does it receive a lot of hunting pressure during archery and muzzleloader season ? From what I've read, there is a road hunter problem in this area ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not able to speak to the hunting season pressure there, but that whole area (25, 25A, 25B) does indeed have a road hunting problem.
Yeah, we have that in the East too. In my part, it's a bunch of locals road hunting, shining and poaching. Not enough game wardens. It's creating a lot of issues on public/crown lands too. People form small clubs, post signs everywhere and kick everyone else out, and no one to tell them what to do. Fun times.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have had land and hunted GHA 25 since 2007 ...I guess where you want to hunt in area 25 would probably dictate what hunting pressure would be like....in my area ML and archery are very quiet.... general rifle is quiet to moderate....most land around me is private though....I think road hunting problem pretty much exists province wide

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think road hunting problem pretty much exists province wide
I think road hunting is a worldwide problem. Haha !

I guess where you want to hunt in area 25 would probably dictate what hunting pressure would be like....
I was mainly interested in this zone because I thought it was the connection between two main habitats, the vast forests of the north and the last remains of the agricultural Manitoba. So it would make sense to me to hunt its central part where the ag land meets the WMAs. The North Eastern part looked good too, but there seems to be more towns (or villages).

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm in the south western part of the area closer to highway 6....alot of cattle country...hay fields and swamps.
Driving up here tonight from Selkirk Hwy 9 to 8 to 17 to 68 the deer population looked mighty impressive....We seen over 150 on the ride up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We do have quite a bit of snow....so maybe going for the available choice food....As I hope they aren't yarding up this early

1 - 8 of 8 Posts