Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any geese flying lately?

I've been driving out by Steinbach and St. Pierre and I've yet to see any geese flying around or in any of the fields.

Is it still to early for them to be flying? Season opens in 11 days, so we better start seeing'em soon! :hunter:

·
Registered
99 Posts
For the first month of the season the only Birds your going to see are just local birds.
I'm in Thompson right now and geese here are not even moveing yet.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've seen several local small flocks just south of Winnipeg. Gets me excited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't seem to spot any geese in the city anymore either. There are usually small ponds close to where I live that are loaded with geese, and they were until sometime in July.

Even in the Parking lot at my work, we used to see tons of geese walking around or a flock trying to cross the road but now I am seeing absolutely no geese.

I also have friends out in Starbuck that have been saying that they aren't seeing any geese in the fields either.

Is this normal? I don't remember it being like this last year.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
fishinfirefighter said:
For the first month of the season the only Birds your going to see are just local birds.
I'm in Thompson right now and geese here are not even moveing yet.

It'll take some cool weather up north to push them down in big numbers... My best goose Hunting has always been around the second week of October straight through til season end....

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's a few scattered groups in WPG on the east side... fun to see them flying low over some of the fields here - always drives me nuts to be at work during this time of year. It'll just get progressively worse, as more and more honking outside my doors! Around the St. Boniface Industrial park we have a couple of small ponds... at the peak there will be hundreds and hundreds!

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
offshoreonly said:
Seen quite a few in selkirk area.
There are no geese here! The flight is completely bypassing the Selkirk/south Interlake this year. I suggest that everyone goes west! ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
canadian-ice said:
None out west either. Probably not worth buying a waterfowl stamp this year.
not worth it im seeing them by the thousands inside the perimeter and you can hunt inside the perimeter my field as it stands has got ove 2000 birds in it ... all im waiting for is a sore shoulder :lol: :hunter:

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
I think that smilie with the shotgun needs a hunter safety course. Look where he's pointing that weapon! And the other one is laughing about it!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I work in ft garry and them honkers are flying over ever morning...live by the west perimeter and 5'o'clock.... flocks are heading out to the fields (local birds) October will be here soon guys! :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
André said:
offshoreonly said:
Seen quite a few in selkirk area.
There are no geese here! The flight is completely bypassing the Selkirk/south Interlake this year. I suggest that everyone goes west! ;)

There have been a few flocks chillin in the soccer fields, then again that doesn't mean much i guess lol :hunter:

·
Registered
653 Posts
snomad said:
Everyone missed the wink in Andre's post, eh?
Like the local sherif telling you to get out of town because your dating his daughter.

Now, did he say it as the local law man or is it personal?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts