Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I picked up a pair of Vortex Fury 8x42 binos last year. They are fantastic.

I bought a pair of Minox and promptly returned them to Cabela's I really couldn't tell any image quality improvement over my $100 Bushnell's. But maybe that was just me, cause the guys at the optics counter were stunned that I returned them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
For general hunting I just use the cheap stuff. For watching deer say after legal light, just for future refernce, or for scouting, I use Bosch and Lomb 10 x 80. Very big and very heavy though. They also work well when the shadows get long with lots of legal time left.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bought a pair of Nikon Monarch 8x42 this year. I find them to be very decent optics in a nice compact lighter design. Only complaint was the eyepiece covers were too large and would not stay on. I Contacted Nikon Canada a few times and all they would respond with was "They come with the proper sized covers so we can not replace them" I could not get them to stay on as they where about 1/8" too big. Took them back to Cabela's (without the receipt)....The nice fellow searched until he found me covers that fit. I may not buy Nikon again because of this experience with their lack of customer service. I just figure if they dont want to send me a plastic piece that probably only costs them cents, how are they going to be when I need a real repair or replacement that might cost them some money.

·
Registered
304 Posts
For the last 5 or 6 years I've been using 10x42 Leica Geovids. Excellent optics, and having the built in range finder meant one less thing to carry with me. I really enjoy using them.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I had a nice pair of bushnells, but now I find that its hard to get a pair to focus with my glasses... I've looked through a few pairs but find I have to take my glasses off, which sucks when hunting so I usually use my scope now... But am interested in finding a good pair that will work for me!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a pair of Bushnell Powerviews. 10X42. I do a lot of hiking so I wanted something that has a few less oz. added to my pack. I really like these and they have served me well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.