Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up into the Interlake for Rifle Elk in just over a week. Wondering if anyone has been out for archery or been scouting for rifle. Been waiting 5 years for this!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've had my trail cams out since January and only have 2 elk on the cams one in Feb. and one in july.Which was a hell of alot more than when I got drawn 2 years ago.They seem to be in pockets in the interlake small groups of 6-12 and from what I heard more NW of where my property is.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am east of Eriksdale,from what I have been told closer to the mulvihill community pasture is where the elk roam.This has been the only year in the past 5 years I had elk pics on the cam.Good Luck this season and don't forget pictures.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
7mm-08 said:
I am east of Eriksdale,from what I have been told closer to the mulvihill community pasture is where the elk roam.This has been the only year in the past 5 years I had elk pics on the cam.Good Luck this season and don't forget pictures.
If I am luck enough to get one I will definatly post some pictures. Where exactly is this comunity pasture? Doesn't show on the maps I have.

·
Registered
396 Posts
k_southman said:
[quote="7mm-08":3a69znj9]I am east of Eriksdale,from what I have been told closer to the mulvihill community pasture is where the elk roam.This has been the only year in the past 5 years I had elk pics on the cam.Good Luck this season and don't forget pictures.
If I am luck enough to get one I will definatly post some pictures. Where exactly is this comunity pasture? Doesn't show on the maps I have.[/quote:3a69znj9]

It is 6 miles northeast of mulvihill.From what I was told by an old guy out there,from steepbank lake.... north to the mulvihill community pastures is supposedly where the elk in that area congregate.A drier year may help you get around better out there.Good Luck!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think all the elk in the interlake are on vacation. Scouted on the weekend, 3 days hunting and no answers to calls, no trail cam pics, and no fresh sign. +24 on the weekend likly will not help. Walked 47 miles so far in 3 days. Going to wear out my boots!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
IAM glad you were able to get out and hunt,but you didn;t get anything most likly because a metis guy probably got there first.Anyway keep on trying.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunatly, you are partially correct. Alot of first nations/Metis hunting preasure that was not around 5-7 years ago. Another problem is there were 2 bow hunters hunting the same heard, and they arrowed 4 bulls and didn't find even one. Very sad. Bow hunting an Elk looks very easy on Wild TV, but reallity is a bull will run along way with a single lung hit. With no snow and no dogs tracking is difficult.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts