Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut 2 goose breasts or 6 duck breasts into 1 inch cubes. Mix 4 tbs flour with pepper, garlic powder, salt and any other spice you like. Dust meat one at a time on all sides in flour. Brown meat on all sides in frying pan with a couple tbs canola oil. Place browned meat into a crock pot. Add 4-6 cups veggies (carrots, parsnips, potatoes, squash, celery etc.) cut into 1 inch pieces. Basically fill the crock up with veggies. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 pkg powdered gravy mix (I like Hunters or Wild Mushroom) and several cloves or garlic crushed or chopped and 1/2 sprig of rosemary. (Rosemary and garlic combo is my favourite for game) Add 1 tbs Worchestershire. Cook low 6-8 hrs or high 3-4 hrs or until veggies are tender, stirring a couple times.

The mushroom soup and gravy combo can be substituted with other liquids like half a dark beer or a can of diced tomatoes and BBQ sauce.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Chixfishing said:
Cut 2 goose breasts or 6 duck breasts into 1 inch cubes. Mix 4 tbs flour with pepper, garlic powder, salt and any other spice you like. Dust meat one at a time on all sides in flour. Brown meat on all sides in frying pan with a couple tbs canola oil. Place browned meat into a crock pot. Add 4-6 cups veggies (carrots, parsnips, potatoes, squash, celery etc.) cut into 1 inch pieces. Basically fill the crock up with veggies. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 pkg powdered gravy mix (I like Hunters or Wild Mushroom) and several cloves or garlic crushed or chopped and 1/2 sprig of rosemary. (Rosemary and garlic combo is my favourite for game) Add 1 tbs Worchestershire. Cook low 6-8 hrs or high 3-4 hrs or until veggies are tender, stirring a couple times.

The mushroom soup and gravy combo can be substituted with other liquids like half a dark beer or a can of diced tomatoes and BBQ sauce.
MMMMMMMMM GOOD! :drool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts