Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a family camping/fishing trip in late June. Not sure where to stay, never been up that way before. We will be leaving the big boat behind so we can pull the tent trailer up there. This means we will be fishing out of the 14ft'er and possibly the canoe. Don't really care about what kind of fish we catch just hope to catch a few with the kids.

Any thoughts / advice / suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
All of them! Check out shiliday? (sp?) for trout. Its a no gas motor lake with a million trout in a 30 acre pond.

never camper there before. I think you can camp at blue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Child's, Singush, Wellman, and the Blue Lakes all have campgrounds.

The Blue Lakes are located right in the middle of the park making for easy access either north towards Wellman (30 km's) or west towards Childs (20kms)

There are numerous options for fishing covering just about every species. East Blue lake is one of the best rainbow lakes around and there are lots of spots to fish off shore. West Blue is very lightly fished as it is electric only, and a fairly long lake. Two Mile lake is about 20 km north and offers a great place for the kids to catch perch off the dock. About 9 or 10 years ago, my son and his buddy (they were 8 or 9 at the time) caught over 70 perch one evening when we stopped there hoping to catch a trout. Years later he still loves to go there even though it's not quite as hot as back then, partly because resources introduced spake to reduce the perch population to allow the trout fishery to prosper.

You'll have a great time and if you have any questions, let me know

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have been to Duck Mountain several times with fifth wheel and boat, stayed at Childs , one of the most beautiful places we have camped. Fishing is quite good , a lot of the small lakes have restrictions on gas motors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts