Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an average goose hunter and go out about twice a week through the entire season but was never really brought up in the duck hunting. I'd like to get out and try for some ducks but I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some tips. I got a truck and a little 12 foot aluminum and some decoys i just bought im just wondering wheres a good place to try, how to set up? i live by anola! thanks

G

·
netly marsh is the place to be right now,the northern ducks are starting to show up and the action is picking up.look on google maps of netley creek and you will see all the spots to hunt,good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been lots the last 4 days at Netlys, on the Netly side( lots of shooting on the Libau sidegoing on) but a boat or dog a must could have limited out each time but passed knowing I could not retrieve the birds.
Been hard driving in as well, most raods near the marsh are mud and North of Henry road you just can't drive in. if you have a boat and want to stay off
th big water you can unload and go up the channel of the dike about 3/4 of a mile the marshis on both sides and if you can cross over it's flooded about 1 foot
withcattails and will and nice open areas for some dekes, from 3 to 6 saw about 200 mixed in this area, but NO DOG or BOAT so had to watch. Goose action was
dead period. :iams:

G

·
you can get it from the end of main st and boat west down netley creek to the first bend or you can launch at chesleys and head east

1 - 5 of 5 Posts