Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question I have is are you required to wear orange on your own land if it is just you hunting and would a safety vest work

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Every person who hunts big game animals under Manitoba license, during a firearm season for which they are licensed, must wear hunter orange in the manner and description identified in the Manitoba Hunting Guide. Whether you are the property owner or not makes no difference.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It should include anyone who is on land that could be hunted. Pretty stupid to be out without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
what about bow hunting during rifle season (not recommended) but is it legal?

Hunter Dress
A hunter orange garment and hat must be worn by any person
who is hunting, dressing or retrieving a big game animal or
coyote or by any person accompanying or assisting a person
hunting big game or coyote.
The hat must be solid hunter orange except that it may have a
crest or logo not exceeding 78 sq. cm (12 sq. in.) provided that it
does not completely cover the hunter orange on the side where the
crest or logo is affixed.
The outer garment must consist of not less than 2,580 sq. cm
(400 sq. in.) of hunter orange material, above the waist and
visible from all sides. Hunter orange body camouflage is legal
if the hunter orange portion meets the above requirement. The
remaining outer clothing colour is optional.
Bowhunters are exempt during archery seasons, but are
encouraged to wear hunter orange when hunting in an area
where there is a concurrent general (rifle) season. Wolf and coyote
hunters are exempt in hunting areas while no other big game
season is on. Black bear hunters are exempt during the spring
season.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
what about bow hunting during rifle season (not recommended) but is it legal?

Hunter Dress
A hunter orange garment and hat must be worn by any person
who is hunting, dressing or retrieving a big game animal or
coyote or by any person accompanying or assisting a person
hunting big game or coyote.
The hat must be solid hunter orange except that it may have a
crest or logo not exceeding 78 sq. cm (12 sq. in.) provided that it
does not completely cover the hunter orange on the side where the
crest or logo is affixed.
The outer garment must consist of not less than 2,580 sq. cm
(400 sq. in.) of hunter orange material, above the waist and
visible from all sides. Hunter orange body camouflage is legal
if the hunter orange portion meets the above requirement. The
remaining outer clothing colour is optional.
Bowhunters are exempt during archery seasons, but are
encouraged to wear hunter orange when hunting in an area
where there is a concurrent general (rifle) season. Wolf and coyote
hunters are exempt in hunting areas while no other big game
season is on. Black bear hunters are exempt during the spring
season.
The rifle season, otherwise known as the "General Deer" season permits a licensed hunter to utilize any of the approved firearms, bows and/or cross bows to hunt deer in Deer Hunting Zones and Game Hunting Areas identified as such in the Annual Hunting Guide.

In GHAs where rifles, muzzle loaders and cross bows are not permitted such as GHA 34A, licensed hunters may utilize only compound bows, recurve bows or long bows. Only in GHAs such as GHA 34A which is restricted to compound, recurve or long bows, can a licensed hunter wear camoflage closing with no requirement for hunter orange outerwear.

Any licensed "General Deer" season hunter in GHAs where rifles, muzzle loaders, shotguns, cross bows and compound, recurve or long bows are permitted, MUST WEAR ORANGE AS DESCRIBED IN THE HUNTING GUIDE AND IN SECTION 10 of the GENERAL HUNTING REGULATION.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Given the Gall of some of the road poachers, I wear something orange even if I am out for a walk on my own property, season or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
every day i go out into my woods just for a walk or little explore time,(not hunting) and i don't wear orange. Then the vary next day when i go hunt i have to wear orange.🤔

·
Registered
370 Posts
every day i go out into my woods just for a walk or little explore time,(not hunting) and i don't wear orange. Then the vary next day when i go hunt i have to wear orange.🤔
When hunting season is on It is only wise to be seen,,,, Hunting or not hunting.... Private property or public.... a little common sense...........not brain surgery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When hunting season is on It is only wise to be seen,,,, Hunting or not hunting.... Private property or public.... a little common sense...........not brain surgery.
i just got my license...so...i am curious or i have questions oh and are u allowed to set up a salt block or old apples on private property for deer?

·
Registered
207 Posts
i just got my license...so...i am curious or i have questions oh and are u allowed to set up a salt block or old apples on private property for deer?
If you are going to hunt them, no. It is baiting.

If you just want to feed the deer for no good reason, then it is just discouraged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are going to hunt them, no. It is baiting.

If you just want to feed the deer for no good reason, then it is just discouraged.
ya that make sense but dose it work as geting them a go to place to turn it in to a hunting place (as a prebait )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts