Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out for divers yet?

I am going at the end of the month I hope they are in the River by then... Boat hasn't seen water since diver hunting last year!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on can't wait to get out.... Had big plans to do more Diver hunting this year but now with little one sure changed plans LOL....

·
Registered
244 Posts
I probably saw 30 flocks of Buffleheads land in the same area Saturday. Bills all over the place. Goldeneyes, Canvasbacks, all kinds of divers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on..... We never get any cans where we hunt on lake MB... Tons of Redheads some goldeneyes, buffleheads and few blue bills... Not sure why the cans don't come into the river...

·
Registered
78 Posts
[offtopic:2gsgz8b3]Those look more like Redheads than cans.[/offtopic:2gsgz8b3]

The post said, "Saw a lot more Cans". Didn't say "shot a lot more Cans."

[offtopic:2gsgz8b3]I think top row, 2nd from the left is a hen can. Hard to tell with the lighting. Rest appear to be reds[/offtopic:2gsgz8b3]

Definitely a Can, but looks like a muddy drake to me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Skinnflint said:
This is last week's limits. Was out again today and saw a lot more cans than usual.

Awesome congrats on the hunt!!!!

I can't wait to get out this weekend... Be the only diver hunt of the year hoping to go Saturday and Sunday....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks!!! Can't wait stuck in Winnipeg till thursday then rush home get everything packed (hunted grouse on weekend so haven't re-packed) and head north to my parents.... hopefully get a evening hunt in friday, all day saturday and sunday then wouldn't mind one last honker shoot monday morning before heading back home... Not sure if the fingers will handle that much plucking though haha...

·
Registered
244 Posts
The divers were there but the shooting expertise failed to show. 9 ducks for 2 of us and should have limited out before 10am. I could not hit a thing. 2 mallards and 7 bills.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts