Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 license/1 tag - use it in whatever season you wish; archery,muzzle or general, but only one license/tag will be issued for the season.

Muzzle open Oct.29 to Nov.11

General open Nov.12 - Nov.25

Forgot to ask about the archery dates.

Youth tag still available for youth 12 -17 years old.

Printed regulations to be out in May.

·
Registered
123 Posts
how are they going to police this?? if you buy a tag say for the archery season and bag a deer, how are they to know that??? guy can still get a tag for muzzle loader and then rifle?

·
Registered
146 Posts
What is the price for the tag? They better not have jumped the price up because of the tags that won't be purchased. In past years i have bought an archery, muzzle and rilfe tags, which i would glady do, because i have a chance of filling each tag. I won't like it if we have to pay the same price of 3 tags for 1.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tinman said:
how are they going to police this?? if you buy a tag say for the archery season and bag a deer, how are they to know that??? guy can still get a tag for muzzle loader and then rifle?
And what was stopping one from doing that in previous years? If one wants to take the chance that they don't check records, then one could buy all the license/tags they want.

Those who break the laws will do so regardless of limits and license availability.

·
Registered
123 Posts
canadian-ice said:
Tinman said:
And what was stopping one from doing that in previous years? If one wants to take the chance that they don't check records, then one could buy all the license/tags they want.

Those who break the laws will do so regardless of limits and license availability.
true I guess.....not that I would do that, I'm a by the book kinda guy.......for my son and I it will be a more selective hunt

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The areas with the extra tags are 26 and 36. Might be others, but they were not mentioned to me.

I forgot to ask the price of this 1 license/tag.

·
Registered
355 Posts
There are going to be alot of questions with these changes now. My biggest is also policing this, can't see it happening.
34 is also a multi tag area, where I live and bow hunt, most if not all of 34 is bow only. So my question is can I buy an archery tag for home and buy another tag for another area I hunt?
I think what guys were asking before about how would they know if a guy got one in say archery or not and just go get a tag for rifle. I would think there just going to sell a universal tag one for all three seasons....use it your done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i heard if you buy a archery tag and don't fill it, you have to bring the complete tag back to exchange it for black power and so on .but there is going to be some people that are going to try and just buy all the tags ,going to make dnr 's job crazy .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like they are going the way of Alberta. One tage use whatever gear you want, but the only difference is you can only use your gear at a specific time here, where in alberta you can use you rifle when deer season starts. I kind of like this system, but agree that I hope they didn't hike the price of a tag.

Another point why have to go back and get a different tag for the different season. That just doesn't make sense to me. either your hunting or your not and it would be up to the hunter to make sure the right firearm is being used for the right season.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah, trading in your un-used tag seems kinda dumb and a pain in the a$$. I go out to my hunting property for the last few days of muzzle and then the first week of rifle season, i don't want to have to leave just so i can trade in my un-used muzzle tag to get a rifle tag. I guess we will all find out what the info will be when the regs. finally come out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
icewizzard said:
i heard if you buy a archery tag and don't fill it, you have to bring the complete tag back to exchange it for black power and so on .but there is going to be some people that are going to try and just buy all the tags ,going to make dnr 's job crazy .
The way they explained it to me is, you purchase one license/tag. Use it in whatever season you wish, but once you fill your tag,you are done. No need to exchange each season if you do not fill the tag.So there will not be anyone trying to buy a bunch of tags.

They did mention to me that there would be areas with the second (anterless) tags, namely 26 and 36. Might be other areas as well, but they didn't mention them.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
At this time, it appears that resident hunters will be allowed to purchase one general licence that can be used during archery, muzzleloader, shotgun/muzzleloader, and the general season. The bag limit will be one deer. There are other proposals calling for shortened seasons and changes to antlered/non-antlered harvest in some areas.

More details to follow as proposals are before senior levels awaiting formal approval. There are obviously lots of internal details to address with respect to the changes. It shouldn't be much longer! :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
canadian-ice said:
They did mention to me that there would be areas with the second (anterless) tags, namely 26 and 36.
See and that doesnt make much sense to me as the population there(whiteshell) is so far down right now(we arent even hunting there next year to give the deer a chance to build up their numbers),as in the Sandilands WAY down due to the wolves EVERYWHERE. Guess we'll wait and see,but I sure hope they discourage the second tag there for sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Well it's been pretty much another month, are the 2012 regs out yet? You only get 2011 on the site.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I work over by Saulteaux quite frequently so I stop in and bug the powers that be when I can. They now say the regs should be out some time in June. Sheesh. :roll:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well I guess this means the province bought me a tank of fuel. I usually spend $35 x 3 licences so $115, and generally shoot 1 deer. So now I only need to spend $35 and still just shoot one deer. Score one for the cheap Ukrainian...or else this means that the one tag will be $115, in that case score one for the NDP...slippery buggers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts