Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Are you talking about dropping off the entire deer or just the meat? I use M&S meats on main street at Selkirk Ave( I drop off just the meat though),..........Delicious!! :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I can just bring them a skinned and gutted deer and like magic I have sausage?? How much do they charge?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ha. Magic and a few hundred $. They charge by the pound. Millers on pembina accepts whole animals. Dutch just meat I believe.

·
Registered
295 Posts
JD Hoggs on Springfield! second year i've gotten from him and it's unbelievable! used to go to Baron's in Lockport but too pricy and too long a wait!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Baron's in Lockport- I only waited 1 week.

I've been going here for years, but he is pricey. No, he's PRICEY! Damn good products though (Except for 2 years ago when he messed around with the salt)

He's charging around .70/Lb to de-bone. Some of his products are running over $4/Lb (finished product). So yes, a whole deer turned into sausage, peps, smokies, salami..whatever....IS GONNA COST.

IMO:

Danny's Whole Hog: He's MUCH cheaper, though I don't find his products as good, despite taking multiple deer there for years.

JD Hogg: I've only tried the sausage and I wasn't impressed. They no longer process whole deer, but will put you in touch with someone to de-bone if you don't want to do it yourself. The prices here are MUCH cheaper too.

European Meats: I had my products delivered to my house as a guy was driving by my place. A couple days later, I got a call, they asked me to come pick my meat up :shock:

It's an expensive gamble to have your deer turned into a sub-par product. I enjoy Baron's products, but I'm going to look into some other places for next year. Maybe swap some sausage with guys who've bought from other butchers? (PM me if anyone is interested)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I like Marcello's in St.Vital $3.75/lb for the sausages not sure what to de-bone

·
Registered
295 Posts
Red_River_Clay said:
I like Marcello's in St.Vital $3.75/lb for the sausages not sure what to de-bone
just so you are aware... Marcello sends all his stuff to JD Hoggs and charges you more for being the middle man!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well that I didn't know...hmm krafty

·
Registered
256 Posts
Riggs said:
JetsOrBust said:
Has anyone ever used a butcher from Anola or know their number?
Google is your friend: http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/B ... s/Anola+MB
Appreciate the help, but as far as I can tell none of those butchers that come up are from Anola! (I already checked that)

I was at a house party and a few people suggested a butcher from Anola, but now I can't find any evidence of one existing!

·
Registered
295 Posts
i believe you are thinking of Al, he used to sell out of the Anola store, he now is @ East End Meats in Transcona

1 - 20 of 25 Posts