Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While not trying to give or get specific info on deer being seen in certain GHA's or places......
I am pleasantly surprised by the deer I am seeing in the east. Lots of does with twins and one with triplets, a few bucks. I have really only hunted muzzle the past Saturday so far and saw 6 deer that day; one being a buck and one doe with a fawn. I could have taken three of those easily. My buddy saw about four and took a nice doe. This was all basically still hunting. Makes one wonder how many you didn't see. :roll: A buck we saw just before arriving at our hunting spot I believe was being chased by wolves we heard immediately upon getting out of the truck. We saw 18 deer on the way home, most on 307. That day turned out much better than I expected from all that I heard last year and so far this year.
How do you feel the population is doing in the areas you frequent?

·
Registered
396 Posts
The deer out east I am not sure of numbers as I rarely travel that way.
The interlake does seem to have pockets of deer certain areas have suffered other areas in the interlake surprisingly seem to be doing quite well.
I have a couple buddies that head out west (virden,St.lazare areas)each year and they said last year is the worst they have seen it in 25 years.I am thinking this year out there may be marginally better.

Riding mountain and the ducks I haven't a clue,I know a guy that went up by Russell last year and it wasn't good at all.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Almost every doe i've seen on camera/hunting has had at least twins, and i've seen triplets out there as well. The buck population seems a bit low though (North East)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stonewall has lots, Headingley/st.F.Xavier seems to be down again this year. I see prolly 60% fewer deer than three or four years ago.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Bissett is well, low... But thats how it should be... Back home in rosser, deer numbers are waaaay down!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seems to be good numbers around the whiteshell lately. Another good winter and easy spring and there will be tons of deer. If we get 2 good years they will be everywhere again.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Generally speaking the deer population around the Portage la P and west throught to Austin and south to #2 seems to be average. Lots of does with twins all of whom seem to be in pretty good shape.

Seen a couple of nice bucks, but I think there are still a lot out there waiting for the rut. Then, the ball game should change with the heavy hitters going at it.

J.M.O.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts