Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I PURCHASED A GENERAL DEER LICENSE THE OTHER DAY TO SHOOT ARCHERY AND THE GIRL AT THE STORE THAT SOLD IT TO ME ASKED IF I WANTED A GENERAL OR A MUZZLE LOADER LICENSE?? I THOUGHT IT WAS ONE LICENSE FOR ALL 3 SEASONS??

·
Registered
389 Posts
You should have told her you wanted a muzzle license and seen what she would have given you. You are correct, there is only one general license, but you can buy a second or third anterless deer tag for a couple GHA's.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It's your responsibility to make sure they sell you the right licence, if you get caught with the wrong licence it's all on you.
Licences are sold at so many places expecting the cashier getting paid minimum wage to pump gas to know everything is unrealistic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHY DO THEY HAVE THEM THEN??IF YOU ONLY NEED 1 LICENSE WHY DO THEY HAVE MUZZLE LOADER LICENSES ALSO??

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Probably have last years licence still in the lock box... Its happened to me before, Luckily I realized once I got to the parking lot, and quickly went and got it exchanged...

·
Registered
653 Posts
There was a time when we wanted a conservation moose licence and the cashier tried to sell us a regular and split the cost.......

But like I said don't expect too much from a teenager on minimum wage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FOUND THE ANSWER IN THE HUNTING GUIDE,THE MUZZLE LOADER ONLY APPLIES TO THE NON RESIDENT HUNTERS.IT IS AMAZING THE INFO IN THE HUNTING GUIDE,I SHOULD READ IT MORE OFTEN..... :lmao:

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
There has been a lot of confusion over this year's licensing expressed to me this year by many people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts