Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a photo of my buddy and me with our Dall Rams taken in the Yukon Territory. Used my Remington 7mm mag, in a Brown Precision Stock, and 160 grain Nosler Partition. My buddy wasn't real happy because his guide screwed up, and had my friend shoot a young ram that was only 7 years old. The outfitter wasn't happy either, and let my friend come back for free the following year, and guided him to a 13 year old ram. Mine was 12 years old, and I couldn't have been happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark31 said:
Nice. Sounds like an good outfitter.
The man was as honest as the day is long. His name is Stan Reynolds. His sons, Dave and Dan have taken over for him since dad retired. Dan was my guide, and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
One day I will get up there for a Dall hunt, one day when I lose my belly and get back into shape!!!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patty said:
One day I will get up there for a Dall hunt, one day when I lose my belly and get back into shape!!!!
Do it while you're still young. Those mountains have a habit of getting taller as you get older.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a wonderful hunt. Flew into the camp, then the next day took a pack string up river about 9 or 10 miles and set up a tent camp. Next day we started hunting. I'm glad i did it then when I was only 33, and about 50 pounds lighter. :) My body couldn't take it today. :lmao:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts