Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose you've just won a hunting sweepstakes contest, and you get to go on an all expenses paid hunt for one animal, anywhere in the world. The trip includes all transportation, meals, guide, accomodations, taxidermy, and a rifle, scope and ammunition of your choice. In addition, you may take along one other person to accompany you on the dream hunt of a lifetime.

Where would you go? What would you hunt? What would be your choice of rifle/scope/ammo, and who would you take with you?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Elk Hunting in the Rocky Mountains somewhere on horseback. I would want to use my bow, but if i get a gun, i would get a custom Christensen Arms Rifle in .338 Lapua, topped off with a Nightforce Optics 3.5-15 x 50 Scope...and i would take my Dad with me.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Tough call but I'd likely choose an elk hunt as well, only with my bow, with who is a tough one but I'd figure that one out.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Wow! Too much too choose.
Big bears in Kamchatka (Russia)
Moose in the Yukon.
Big sheep in Mongolia.
Elk somewhere in the rockies.
Many choices in Africa.

Of these choices I honestly can't choose one. The buddy I would take would get input into that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think my dream hunt would be Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, in Northern BC. The rifle question is an interesting one...as for a hunting buddy I think my brother would be the one that would come. All my buddies are too lazy to train for such a hunt.

Second choice may be an Alaskan Moose hunt.

·
Banned
216 Posts
:lol: Bighorn sheep (Canmore area will do) Alaska-Yukon moose (this is easy) high altitude elk in the Rockies...in this order and all bow of course.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm going to go a bit outside the box: I would want to hunt boars in eastern europe on horseback with a spear OR Wolves in mongolia with a Golden eagle. if those are unrealistic I would wanna go bowfishing for Alligator Gar or Alligators in the deep south....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tailhunter said:
I'm with Bunk on this one, Moose high up north in MB or NWT, with my -06. I think that would be a lot of fun.
Who would you take with you?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Riggs said:
Tailhunter said:
I'm with Bunk on this one, Moose high up north in MB or NWT, with my -06. I think that would be a lot of fun.
Who would you take with you?
Hard to say, I would love to take my Dad, but so far he is not too interested in hunting. My brother will start this year, but I think my second choice would have to be my cousin, we have been hunting together the last 12 years, and we both want to chase moose sooner or later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would have to say moose in the yukon and I would take my dad. We have been hunting moose together for 15 years and it is a dream trip for us.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Yukon has some monster moose. I saw a couple when I was up there on a Dall Sheep hunt. My buddy connected on a 70 incher. What a brute!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts