Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sited in my ML today to hunt sat morning obviously by the time i had a good group my barrel was dirty so when i clean it will the first shot be off or will the zero stay the same? what do you more experienced guys do

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's tough to say. All guns are different. I hunt with my rifles that have had at least one round through a clean barrel. Personally, I wouldn't hunt with it without knowing 100 percent where it's hitting. With that being said almost always the first stot from a clean barrel is off a touch. Good luck hunting

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you clean it, it will be off. Sometimes a little, sometimes 6 inches. If you want to shoot on a clean barrel, you should clean between shots on the range. Every gun, powder and bullet combo is different. There is no definate answer on how much your gun will be out. To bring your gun back close to that fouled barrel sight in, shoot 2 or 3 primers through it without wiping before loading.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My traditons will sometimes be off by 2", low, on the first shot at 100 yds, not enough to make a difference on a kill zone shot, but still nice to know when I am shooting at an animal. A few more shots at the range is worth knowing what your gun is doing. You never know when the buck of a lifetime is gonna walk in front of you, nice to know where to point the boom stick.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I sight in, it is for the first shot. I swab between shots to make sure everything remains the same, and clean the muzzleloader after each day of shooting. The first shot is the only one that really matters.

·
Registered
78 Posts
[offtopic:32jl4f9k]When I sight in, it is for the first shot. I swab between shots to make sure everything remains the same, and clean the muzzleloader after each day of shooting. The first shot is the only one that really matters[/offtopic:32jl4f9k]

X2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts