Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas quick ?
What kind of choke tubes with what shells and what size shot? Over decoys and pass shooting?
Just curious.
I've had mixed success.
Bennilli nova. 3" kent #1 -IC. Over decoys works well but limits my distance for the pass shooting opportunities.

·
Registered
303 Posts
MOD is mostly the standard I'd say. If all your tubes are rated for steel then you can pattern them by shooting a poster on a sheet of plywood or whatever then you'll know for sure what your gun is doing for you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I use a Briley Improve Modified in My SX3 shooting Xperts.. Works great for pass shooting and sky busting with Hypersonics but, really puts the hurt on over decoys...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Straight Heat out of my SBii 3 1/2" 1 1/2oz BB. In decoys shot their heads off, sky busting over 80yards stone dead!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The full hardly leaves the 11-87, allows me to shoot over dekes and if the birds don't commit gives me some reach...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, there you have it. Everything from IC to Full.Hope that answers your question yelik. No wonder this sport costs so much. Gotta go buy one of everything to try it out for yourself. And even after I find something that works great, I'll still go out and buy something else to try and make it better. :lol:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
canadian-ice said:
Well, there you have it. Everything from IC to Full.Hope that answers your question yelik. No wonder this sport costs so much. Gotta go buy one of everything to try it out for yourself. And even after I find something that works great, I'll still go out and buy something else to try and make it better. :lol:
So true! :lmao:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Make sure you read the information on the box of your shells. Some brands, like Black Cloud specifically advise against using any choke tighter than modified with them.

Federal recommends using a non-ported choke tube. This will allow the uniquely shaped Black Cloud pellets and FlightControl wad to pass through the bore more smoothly, allowing for an even tighter downrange pattern.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts