Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get Hornady 30-30 hand loading data for 170gr jacketed bullets. To do that, I downloaded their app and tried to purchase the data. It’s supposed to be 99c US.

Each time I try, it tells me I can’t make in-app purchases. I can’t figure out a workaround.

Does anyone know the solution? I’m just looking to get the Hornady data for the 30-30 as funds are tight and I can only find limited sources for the powders, bullets, and primers I currently have. Mostly I’m trying to get data for imr4198, and 4064.
Am I doing something wrong? What do I do?

Your advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ChrisM and Kawicrash!

Are there any more sources for imr4198 specifically? I have 4064 and I know it works well for 30-30, but to me it’s my last resort because I like my 4064 for 30-06 and 308 and would ideally prefer to load my 30-30 with 4198. I would like to get whatever sources I can.
I have the Sierra manual, and I have used the Hodgdon site as well. I have checked out Speer Nosler as well.
I have a bunch of different brands and styles of flat nose 30-30 bullets, the 2 powders I mentioned, and exclusively Federal Large Rifle primers. I know it’s not crucial to duplicate every item exactly, but I always err on the side of caution when doing this. I like my Federal primers because I have them and because they’re reputed to be “soft” and easy to ignite, which may possibly enable me to successfully utilize a lighter hammer spring (I understand there’s no guarantees with this however.

I also like to get as close to the same components and data as possible to be safe as well as to achieve in the ballpark of a similar velocity for hunting purposes (as I don’t have a chronograph).

Thanks for your assistance guys, as well as for that of anyone else with similarly good advice to contribute.

I’ve been hand loading for years but this is my first time doing a rimmed cartridge and there’s no replacement for experience.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Hornady App loaded. It’s supposed to enable you to download a single cartridge for just 99c. It won’t let me download anything. It tells me I can’t do in-app purchase. I can’t figure out how to do this, or a work-around. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Depending on your phone platform there may be a setting that needs changed. In-app purchase ability is usually tightly monitored or someone doesn’t know how to allow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks sylvainline. I appreciate the data and the recommendation. I couldn’t determine any setting in my phone that would prevent it from being downloaded.
It seems weird to me because I easily download other stuff like apps plus pics from family, friends, and on WhatsApp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts