Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if they would want to auction off any of the Sako's or Beretta O/U's they get :?

Cameras-for-guns program a big success
CBC News Posted: Nov 6, 2012 12:58 PM CST Last Updated: Nov 6, 2012 1:01 PM CST

A program to get guns off Winnipeg's streets by giving digital cameras in trade has been a huge success in its first few days.

Some 258 guns have been turned in to police as part of the Pixels for Pistols program announced on Nov. 1.

The program, which runs through this month, is a partnership between the city police, Henry's Photo, and Panasonic.

Anyone who wants to get rid of a firearm can arrange to do so with police. In exchange for a working firearm, they'll receive a Panasonic FH8 digital point-and-shoot camera and a Henry’s school of imaging gift card, at a value of $240.

For every non-working or replica firearm someone turns in, they'll get a Henry's school of imaging gift card of $75.

Police stress they do not want firearms turned in at the camera store or at any Winnipeg police stations.

Instead, anyone who wants to handover their handgun is asked to call police at (204) 986-6222 and officers will come and pick it up.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I appreciate the initiative the W.P.S. has taken ...........it should save a few lives and hopefully start to enhance Winnipegs image.

It would be nice but almost impossible to get all the knives off the street and back into the kitchens where they belong. These vicious assaults with knives is most likely taking as many victims as the firearms is.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got a call from my dad the other day asking about a couple really old guns I have. One old .22 and another old bolt action 12 gauge. They've kicked around the family for years but neither have been used in decades and are just taking up space in my safe. Both are in poor condition, no sentimental value, and not worth more than a few bucks.
While we were talking, I was trying to figure out where he was going with his line of questioning . Then it hit me. "You're trying to get free cameras aren't you?"
LOL!! Yup, that's what he's up to. Not a bad plan, $400 worth of camera's for 2 old guns worth less than 1/2 of that.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Toban said:
I got a call from my dad the other day asking about a couple really old guns I have. One old .22 and another old bolt action 12 gauge. They've kicked around the family for years but neither have been used in decades and are just taking up space in my safe. Both are in poor condition, no sentimental value, and not worth more than a few bucks.
While we were talking, I was trying to figure out where he was going with his line of questioning . Then it hit me. "You're trying to get free cameras aren't you?"
LOL!! Yup, that's what he's up to. Not a bad plan, $400 worth of camera's for 2 old guns worth less than 1/2 of that.

Good idea........why not !!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toban said:
I was kinda thinking the same thing. My Grandpa has a old 12 gauge wall hanger that hasn't be used for 40+years. Problem is when I give him a digital camera he will have no idea what to do with it and it will sit unused for another 40 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts