Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

BUY / SELL RULES - ya might wanna read and understand these

IMPORTANT! 
6K views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  rockandroll 
#1 · (Edited)
They are very simple, and by using the section, you’re agreeing to them… so read on!

Are you BUYING?

• Use the PM functionality on the forum, rather than posting a comment on someone’s ad.
  • Have a comment or question for the seller? Send them a PM.
  • Want to make an offer, or give seller your contact info? Send them a PM.
  • Basically, ANY and ALL communication between you and a seller should NOT happen in their ad… send them a PM.

Are you SELLING?
  • You can bump/ttt/update your ad ONCE EVERY 7 DAYS. If you need to update something in your ad due to a change in information, edit your most recent bump or the original ad itself. If for whatever reason you can’t do that, PM a staff member and we can update your ad for you.
  • If your item takes a while to sell, make sure you are bumping it at least monthly to keep it active. Periodically, ‘stale’ ads will be purged from the system, and that process is based on the date the ad was last updated. Three months is generally the max we want to keep hanging around, so anything that hasn’t been touched within that timeframe might get deleted.
  • When your item has sold, edit the title of your ad to indicate it’s been sold, or bump your ad with a ‘sold’ post (this is the only exception to the 7-day rule).
    UPDATE: The 'SOLD' tag is back! You can now indicate the item for removal using it again, as well.
  • Don’t post things that cannot be sold/traded. This includes things proscribed under that damned OIC that the Trudeau government issued. If it ain’t legal to move, we don’t want it posted here.

The handling of violations generally goes something like this, but is always subject to moderator discretion, case-by-case:
  • Warning issued, content deleted
  • Warning and PM issued, content deleted
  • Final warning and PM issued, content deleted
  • Temporary ban
  • Permanent ban

Violations are handled on a case-by-case basis. On one hand, users with some tenure around here should already know better, while new users should make sure to read up on the forum’s expectations when they join and start browsing around. The moderator’s goal is NOT to ban people or shut down the Buy/Sell section; rather, it’s to make sure that everyone plays by the same rules and the section doesn’t devolve into chaos (yes, it has happened before).

Just play nice.

See less See more
#3 ·
Folks, we don't have a lot of rules around here, but this is one of the biggies: stick to PMs in the Buy/Sell.

That means don't comment on someone's ad.

Send them a PM.

If you aren't sure how to do that, I have a link in my signature.

#4 ·
Folks, we don't have a lot of rules around here, but right now this is one of the biggies: stick to PMs in the Buy/Sell.

Send them a PM.

I'm open to changing that rule, if enough adults want it changed, but until that time, please act accordingly.

Feel free to comment on THIS thread, if you have an opinion on that.

#5 ·
Folks, we don't have a lot of rules around here, but right now this is one of the biggies: stick to PMs in the Buy/Sell.

Send them a PM.

I'm open to changing that rule, if enough adults want it changed, but until that time, please act accordingly.

Feel free to comment on THIS thread, if you have an opinion on that.

#6 · (Edited)
They are very simple, and by using the section, you’re agreeing to them… so read on!

RULE CHANGE TRIAL IN EFFECT

Rule changes will be trialed through November 2021 indefinitely, effective as of the date of this post.
Trial changes are in bold/red, below.

Are you BUYING?

• Preference should be given to sending a PM, rather than posting a comment on someone's ad.
  • If you're seeking more information about the item for sale, posting on the ad is OK.
  • If you're going to winge about the price, or about the seller, put the keyboard down. Or, if you must say something, stick to PMs.
  • Don't send a PM and then post on the ad that you sent a PM. That's silly.

Are you SELLING?

• You can bump/ttt/update your ad ONCE EVERY DAY. If you need to update something in your ad due to a change in information, edit your most recent bump or the original ad itself. If for whatever reason you can’t do that, PM a staff member and we can update your ad for you.
  • If your item takes a while to sell, make sure you are bumping it at least monthly to keep it active. Periodically, ‘stale’ ads will be purged from the system, and that process is based on the date the ad was last updated. Three months is generally the max we want to keep hanging around, so anything that hasn’t been touched within that timeframe might get deleted.
  • When your item has sold, edit the title of your ad to indicate it’s been sold, or bump your ad with a ‘sold’ post.
    UPDATE: The 'SOLD' tag is back! You can now indicate the item for removal using it again, as well.
  • Don’t post things that cannot be sold/traded. This includes things proscribed under that damned OIC that the Trudeau government issued. If it ain’t legal to move, we don’t want it posted here.

The handling of violations generally goes something like this, but is always subject to moderator discretion, case-by-case:
  • Warning issued, content deleted
  • Warning and PM issued, content deleted
  • Final warning and PM issued, content deleted
  • Temporary ban
  • Permanent ban

Violations are handled on a case-by-case basis. On one hand, users with some tenure around here should already know better, while new users should make sure to read up on the forum’s expectations when they join and start browsing around. The moderator’s goal is NOT to ban people or shut down the Buy/Sell section; rather, it’s to make sure that everyone plays by the same rules and the section doesn’t devolve into chaos (yes, it has happened before).

Just play nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.