Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

Buddys first deer.

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tikka-t3 
#1 ·
took a buddy out for his first hunting trip this weekend and he got hid first Deer a huge doe with ML :D
we arrived at the chosen field at first light and put a stalk on 2 deer feeding on the far side of some bales. We crept to the bales and i took a peek over the deer were still unaware of our presence happily feeding at 80 yards, so i told him to rest on the bales and take the shot. I could hear his breathing was heavy so i told him to count to ten and relax he had all the time in the world. He did the readied for the shot. I watched through the scope on my gun, he took a nice controlled breath and kaboom. GUT SHOT!!! all i saw was the bullet smack and the huge hernia on the exit. After calling him a few choice words i handed him my gun and told him to finish the job the deer just hunched up and started walking slowly or i would have put it down. This time he made a perfect shot right through the heart and down she went. Needless to say he did his first field dress while i stood back and explained why a gut shot is bad news when field dressing but i think he got the picture :lmao:
she dressed out nice though the first shot was so low it didn't ruin any meat and my buddy has his first of many hunting stories :D
[attachment=0:33qik6no]132379_4756852318656_1449298321_o.jpg[/attachment:33qik6no]

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats to your buddy, as much as we all want to make the perfect shot we all know that bad shots do happen and will happen to everyone. The good news is you guys put her down quickly with the second shot and nothing was wasted. Plus it must have been funny for you watching him field dress his first deer after a gut shot!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.