Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......when your out hunting.Was asked for it and my hunting licence by DNR even though I was not hunting.Still they asked nice and I played nice :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
When I heard that you have to carry the card I wondered where that was in the guide, I found it, several times throughout the guide.

Do wonder though, why not have a spot on the licences where the number is recorded? You can buy a licence without showing the card still.

·
Registered
653 Posts
thepatriot said:
If your not hunting do you have to show the card? Seems like if your not driving why do you have to show your driving licence.
Like if your walking through the mall? Or if your driving in your truck wearing hunting gear and a gun beside you?

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
The reason why it's not required at the time of license purchase is because the spectrum of license sellers is far too large. That means an incredible amount of inconsistency in the completion of licenses. Unbelievable for something that is a legal document.

So the regulation was changed to make sure that hunters actually did have a hunter education certificate and that it would be proven to an officer. Consequently that responsibility was given to NROs who are the field compliance officers. No hunter education certificate...no hunting and possibly lighter in the pocket too.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sled-in said:
thepatriot said:
If your not hunting do you have to show the card? Seems like if your not driving why do you have to show your driving licence.
Like if your walking through the mall? Or if your driving in your truck wearing hunting gear and a gun beside you?
What about if your walking through the mall wearing hunting gear and your gun in your hands?

·
Registered
147 Posts
JetsOrBust said:
sled-in said:
thepatriot said:
What about if your walking through the mall wearing hunting gear and your gun in your hands?
Trust me, that wud get real interesting, REAL fast.... :eek:

·
Registered
410 Posts
JetsOrBust said:
sled-in said:
thepatriot said:
If you're walking through a mall with a gun in your hands, having a hunters safety card on you is probably going to be the least of your worries.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't feel bad about interupting a thread that has questions about mall hunting....

I feel like I already know the answer to this one - but if my GF is interested in being with me/watching while I hunt, and she has no gun, is wearing orange, and not helping with the hunt (no calling or driving game), but doesn't have a hunters safety card or licence... what's the ruling there?

·
Registered
256 Posts
kayak870 said:
I don't feel bad about interupting a thread that has questions about mall hunting....

I feel like I already know the answer to this one - but if my GF is interested in being with me/watching while I hunt, and she has no gun, is wearing orange, and not helping with the hunt (no calling or driving game), but doesn't have a hunters safety card or licence... what's the ruling there?
I'd be interested to know this as well. I've wanted my girlfriend to come chicken hunting in the past, but wasn't sure if she is allowed without a hunters safety. She wouldn't be carrying a gun and would likely hurt more than she helps when it comes to hunting success :lol:

I wonder if Andre could confirm if this is allowed or not?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts