Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they available in numbers in Manitoba?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I"m not sure on the actual population, but my sightings are usually limited to one or two a year. Pretty much lynx too. Can't say I've ever seen a bobcat.The trappers on here will know more about their numbers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Saw a bobcat opening fishing day on way to lake in nopming. Was on shoulder of road then hopped into edge of trees and just stared at us. Very cool lookin kitty.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
X2 on that in south Nopiming. Good cougar population too (and I'm talking felines here) :lmao: .

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yes there have been numerous sightings up here of the big cats... I think bobcats would be more common in the RR valley and pembina Valley areas and there are probably lots of them in that brushy country by brandon....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once while deer hunting, I was concealed behind a blowdown, and caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. I didn't move, and it continued to walk toward me. It got to about 10 feet away, stopped and turned its head toward me, and stared right at me. Then it leaped back into the heavy grass and disappeared. Neat experience.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Riggs said:
Once while deer hunting, I was concealed behind a blowdown, and caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. I didn't move, and it continued to walk toward me. It got to about 10 feet away, stopped and turned its head toward me, and stared right at me. Then it leaped back into the heavy grass and disappeared. Neat experience.
So........what was it??

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, sorry....senior moment :oops: . It was a beautiful Bobcat...the only one I've ever seen in Pennsylvania. I've seen several in Montana and Quebec though. Never seen a Lynx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts