Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to build a blind for my boat. I started with 2-20ft lengths of 1" aluminum tubing and 1-20ft length of 2" tubing. I had the 1" tubing cut and welded to 13ft long 3.5ft high then attached to the 2" tubing which I mounted at the from and rear of the boat. I left the bow open for the dog. Since I took the pictures I have made ajustable alumimum braces and had to cut out the middle of my 2" rear cross member because my motor wouldn't tilt FML. I am going to either have aluminum legs welded on at the rear or just use a treated 2X4 for now. I am holding it up with a 2X4 for the time being.... I am ordering 1000D Cordura for blind material.

More Pics to come......

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!!! I made aluminum legs for the rear cross member and put some crusher belt between the leg and boat so it wasn't aluminum rubbing on aluminum. Hopefully my cordura will show up this week so I can finish the blind off. I need to unload boat and fix a couple rollers on the trailer and put new tires on, then the long wait till October for the divers haha.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received my Cordura and took it over to my Mom to sew a loop on the top so it will slide over and hang from the frame. I ordered 14M of it and cut it in half and had the loop sewed at the top of each. Now I have to get to Fabric Land in Brandon and pick up some velcro and nylon straps to sew on so I can stubble the blind.... I will then sew the velcro on the excess of each end so I can wrap the blind around the bow and motor then velcro together. Just need to figure out how I am going to build my dog ladder.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pup needs more work haven't had much time with him lately now with the baby. He has calmed down alot now and is much easier to work with... He has the basics down pat here, sit, heel, drop, kennel and down. Just to fine tune him now so I can get him into the field. He will do double retrieves only thing is half the time he will take one bumper to the other and then bring either or back and then go back for the other so he is either swimming or running double than what he has to lol.

I picked up an e-collar as well on the weekend but I want to make sure I read entire manual and watch the video before I even consider putting it on him.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts