Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why this site blocks access from computers using a VPN. I use the VPN for security and of all the dozens of internet sites I visit only this and the Manitoba Fishing Forum block access if the VPN is on.

·
Administrator
405 Posts
I'm not part of the technical team, so this is not an official answer. However, it's likely that your VPN service is assigning you an IP that is within a range of IPs which the forum software blocks on the backend. This is fairly common on forums that run xenforo-based stuff, since there's a lot of bot and spammer accounts that use VPNs (for obvious reasons).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Still, it's odd that these are the only sites I have a problem with. I'm using a Canadian based proxy server. Shows my IP address in Montreal.

·
Administrator
405 Posts
I think the geo isn't really factored in, so much as the IP range. I have a VPN that allows me to route through any of like 7 dozen countries LOL - but if the IP address I'm assigned is in someone's deny list, I'm screwed.

Just curious... what is the error you get when trying to load the site while on your VPN?

·
Registered
6 Posts
currently have my vpn running routed through ontario and can access the site no problem. must be your ip range, or potentially something on your vpn that blocks certain elements on the website?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts