Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the midst of a spring bear hunt and the boar i'm after has an amazing coat right now. I have taken my stuff to Wild North in the past and had really good results. But he doesn't do rugs anymore and am looking for someone that does. Hoping to get the bear before he damages his coat too bad

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey dkuczek! There are quite a few great Taxidermists in Winnipeg and surrounding area. I harvested a Black Bear last Spring and I had Kayer Taxidermy make a rug out of it. Turned out incredible. I'd highly recommend. Also, his turn around time was reasonable, about 9 months, and his cost was based on the length of bear (like most taxidermists). Cost me roughly $900 all said and done, which was actually the cheapest price I could find after talking to about a dozen other businesses. Good luck!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thats a great rug! thank you for the information, i will be contacting them. My boar is in the attached picture....sat a few nights but he didn't show up but he comes in daily View attachment 84321
Hell of a fine bruin, a keeper for sure. Good luck and keep us informed. Are you going in to the bait alone?
The coat looks amazing in every picture i've gotten from him. Am hoping to get him before it gets warm and ticks come out so he doesn't trash it
He could be tuned already.

·
Registered
85 Posts
JR Taxidermy does great work. Located between gruthal and kleefeld in se mb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts