Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no my brother just got a new house and we put the cam in the bush behind his house to see what there. liabu mb... we got this pic to but cant see if it a buck or doe

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
ldb pikester said:
Not near a tree stand I hope?? Deeker wrote. Please explain.
It's illegal to bait. Placing apples or anything to lure game in is illegal so if he is hunting over the apples he is breaking the law

·
Registered
557 Posts
Absolutely you can bait for bears, and people that don't hunt can put feeders for deer all over their properties but if you are a deer hunter in Manitoba placing "bait" to lure them in is illegal.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
A deer hunter can place bait to lure deer in. It just has to be gone from the site a certain amount of time before hunting.

Ya you should get a bear safe case for the trail cam. It's not worth losing one to a bear, and one finds my cam every single time.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Sorta like our stupid food plot rules!!! If your a farmer you can seed all the food plots you want and harvest a deer on them but if you have private hunting property and seed a food plot it is considered baiting!!!

as for a deer walking into a bear bait and whether or not its legal to kill, if your baiting with oats and apples i would say the CO's would have have a strong argument against you, but if you had a drum full of rotting meat and beavers you might get away with it!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a cabin of my own, and I would say that if the bears are stopping in for the apples quit. Because this will cause nothing but trouble in the future with the bears returning looking for food. The next thing they are breaking into the cabin.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
ldb pikester said:
I have a cabin of my own, and I would say that if the bears are stopping in for the apples quit. Because this will cause nothing but trouble in the future with the bears returning looking for food. The next thing they are breaking into the cabin.
Yep. Seen it all the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts